What i like about literature (and poetry) is that a good piece uses words to describe a scene without unnecessary adverbs or adjectives. Once you start shoving them in, it’s probably indicative of either lazy writing or having to plug the story with words to get up the word count- and I’m going to get annoyed at the book pretty fast.
I’m not saying descriptions or world building are not required, but they need to be well written, and not just sticking an adjective or two before a noun.
Take these examples:
Continue reading “Excessive adjectives – a short rant”
A short break from poetry to announce that after 23 years of procrastination, editing, ignoring, and moments of frantic work, I have self-published the first manuscript I ever ‘completed’. “The Stanleigh Rose”. You can get it here as an ebook.
What a journey.
Continue reading “The Stanleigh Rose – a romance novel”
I grew up with a brother who was assigned Taurus at birth and so I am wary of you Taurus types. I know what you are like and I’m right to look askance at you all.
- Cheat at monopoly because you’re the race car and the race car gets to drive past ‘go to jail’ and also drives past the streets that your siblings own so you don’t have to pay rent
- Cheat at chess by telling me the white set have more moves and can do more and you always play the white set so your siblings always lose. Ok now I think about it this is totally woke and you Taurans clearly have a very real sense of White Privilege and were teaching your siblings a lesson that white people have it way better for no reason at all.
- Hit your siblings all the time and rip their jigsaws in half
- Write things like ‘Moylen was here’ on the wall in texta and then say your sibling has done it and get angry when parents don’t believe you (possibly because your sibling had not learned to write yet)
- Hang your siblings toys by the feet up over their bed at night and tell sibling the toys screamed all night and then NOT LET THEM BE CUT DOWN
- Tell sibling your teddy bear needs an operation and take over half of their pocket money for year to pay for it. Hrm again, you are pretty woke, this is a good example of teaching a small child how taxes and healthcare works.
So really, what I’m saying to those Bull headed Taurans who come to this page, you probably deserve whatever miserable life you have for tormenting your sibling.
Ask Moylen Green, your agony Ent, for the latest hints and tips on ANYTHING YOU CAN THINK OF.
Rod M, sometimes manager and never architect, has asked me the following:
“When is it ok to talk about your kids to friends without kids?”
Having a child triggers a well known mechanism known as The Baby Alien Switch. When someone has a child, their brain and persona is removed (the method of removal has yet to be studied) and replaced with an alien that inhabits their body. The alien seems to be them – it has their body, after all, but all it does is think and talk about their offspring.
Continue reading “When is it ok to talk about your kids to friends without kids? – Agony Ent”
I am consolidating all my writing blogs here. Originally published and still available in 2007 on “BadEnidBlytonSlash” on blogsplot.
NSFW and roll your Sanity points. I’m here to ruin your childhood.
Continue reading “Enid Blyton Discontinued book titles – Musing”
I worked with a difficult person a few years ago. I tried to have fun with him. I even gave him a small plastic gnome holding a gun.
He seemed ambivalent towards the gnome. I was challenged.
Continue reading “Go hard or go Gnome! – a tale of working life”
Ahhh. Brenden the Broflake who I didn’t even argue with on the internet. I just didn’t. He came in swinging, howling, being hurt. My not arguing was thus invalidating him in whatever position it was he was upholding (no one from that conversation actually knows). I didn’t argue. I was obtuse. I didn’t respond to him at all. I did wow dog meme his nonsense.
Here are his very own words about me – as I cast them back to him in prose. I hope you appreciate it more than he did. There was a deeply lyrical quality to his insults and the things he made up. I am just sad he deleted his really good stuff before I got it copied…. Very prose. Such Sook. Wow.
Also, he kept threatening to flounce off, and yet did not. I was much dissapoint.
Continue reading “An ode to Brenden – Prose”